Prenatal alcohol and drug exposure puts children at risk due to:
- the possible effects of prenatal exposure on their health and development
- the likelihood of a compromised home environment
The Goals of PCAP
The goals of PCAP are to help mothers with substance use disorders to:
- build and maintain healthy, independent, alcohol/drug-free lives
- prevent future births of alcohol and drug exposed children
The PCAP Approach
Pregnant and parenting women are enrolled in PCAP for 3 years. PCAP forms partnerships with and between clients and families and community service providers.
- PCAP provides clients outreach and engagement, structured goal setting, problem-solving, practical assistance, and consistent role modeling and coaching.
- PCAP seeks to help community service providers understand how to work more effectively with our clients to insure the mothers and their families receive needed services.